Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching letters in Figure Prefix and Description Key Set

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sjg
Advisor
468 Views, 7 Replies

Matching letters in Figure Prefix and Description Key Set

I have Figure prefix of GPNT for painted gas line and GP desciption key for Guy Pole. Imported survey text file, linework for GPNT came in correctly but at each shot the symbol for GP (Guy Pole) came in. Is there a way to fix that without creating a description key for GPNT. Have others with the same situation. Wanted to avoid adding description keys for items that were displayed all the same.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mathewkol
in reply to: sjg

By the sounds of your description, you have GP* as the description key.  If it was actually GP there should not be a match to GPNT.  Can you confirm this?

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 8
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: mathewkol

No asterick. I am currently doing this drawings in 2012, not sure if it is a bug.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 4 of 8
jmayo-EE

I think this is an issue but I don't think it's limited to 2012.

I am marking test hole locations. I have 4 points. TP 1, TP 2, TP 3 and TP 4 TRENCH. If I make a point group and go to the Include tab, check 'With a raw description matching' and type 'TP' in the field (without quotes of course) the point group is empty after hittinh the Apply button. If I change the match to 'TP*' the points populate the group.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
mathewkol
in reply to: jmayo-EE

John, that is normal.  "TP" as defined in the group will not match "TP 1".  You need to have the * in the raw description matching.  "TP" will only match if your raw descriptoin is only "TP", no numbers after it.

Matt Kolberg
Message 6 of 8
sjg
Advisor

I went ahead and added a Description Key for GPNT using the default point and label style, still comes across with GP (guy pole) symbol.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 7 of 8
mathewkol

Steve can you attach a small DWG with a few points in it?

Matt Kolberg
Message 8 of 8
jmayo-EE

Thanks Matt! I have always worked with this behaivor but always thought it should work with the spaces stopping the code recognition like the keys. No big deal though the job always gets done.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report