Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mask Alignment

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sam.cutbirth
593 Views, 6 Replies

Mask Alignment

Using Civil 3D 2012.  When masking an alignment in a plan and profile sheet, is there a way to get the "distance" alignment labels to recognize that a portion of a line segment outside of a matchline is masked, and should not be accounted for in distance calculation?

Thanks,

Sam Cutbirth

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
t_mckenzie
in reply to: sam.cutbirth

Anyone have an answer on this?

Message 3 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: sam.cutbirth

am I understanding you want the stationing to continue through?
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 7
t_mckenzie
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

My question is more for line and curve labels of the alignment rather than stationing.  I want to use alignment labels for labeling the bearing and distance of the tangent sections and curve data for the curve sections.  We are finally upgrading from '09 to '15 ... so excuse some of the ignorance as masking is new to us.  As a reference, in '09 the alignment would be on a no plot layer, with a poly line for the centerline you would see when printed.  We would then add line and curve labels to the polyline and generate line and curve tables from that.  We were hoping to be able to use both the masking of the center line and the lables for lines and curves without having to use duplicate entities.

One workaround we have started using is to create a PI at the masking station, and then create the labels off of that.  This allows us to not create a label for the section that is masked.  That is not completely desireable, but works.

Message 5 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: t_mckenzie

@t_mckenzie wrote:

My question is more for line and curve labels of the alignment rather than stationing.  I want to use alignment labels for labeling the bearing and distance of the tangent sections and curve data for the curve sections.  We are finally upgrading from '09 to '15 ... so excuse some of the ignorance as masking is new to us.  As a reference, in '09 the alignment would be on a no plot layer, with a poly line for the centerline you would see when printed.  We would then add line and curve labels to the polyline and generate line and curve tables from that.  We were hoping to be able to use both the masking of the center line and the lables for lines and curves without having to use duplicate entities.

One workaround we have started using is to create a PI at the masking station, and then create the labels off of that.  This allows us to not create a label for the section that is masked.  That is not completely desireable, but works.

If you want a CL printed why are yopu hiding the alignment?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 6 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: t_mckenzie

Duplicate linework on a no-polt layer is still the method I use.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 7
t_mckenzie
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

In '09, there was not a way to extend an alignment beyond an intersection and not show the continuation of the centerline.  In '15 you can extend beyond the intersection and mask the alignment.

You have to extend the alignment beyond the intersection to show any utilities in the crossing street (like a sewer manhole for example).  But we don't want to show the alignment extending beyond if it is a tee intersection.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report