Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marker Styles

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
George-Handley
444 Views, 5 Replies

Marker Styles

Hey guys,

I import a csv file into my drawing and all the points and figures get drawn correct and on the correct layers.

But I end up getting some extra things also:

1. a little white circle comes in from the marker styles.  it comes in on layer V-SURV-NTWK

2. i also get an extra white line that comes in on layer 0.

I have stopped these things from happening now by hitting the light bulb for the "basic" Marker Style and the "basic" Feature Line Styles.  But i would really like to know what the Marker Style and Feature Line Styles are and what they are there for.

If anyone can spare any info about it that would be great.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rl_jackson
in reply to: George-Handley

I believe what your seeing is part of a Network Style, when you import to the survey database you provided a network name for the csv file, this is not a mandatory item, you can skip this as it's only use is for analyzing data with a field book file.

In general, I only import a single csv file to the database, so I never use a network. Then I adjust and modify (translate) from there. When I need to make modification to the data, I edit the csv (for linework) and reimport the file until everthing looks good.

This is not to there are not uses for them, just that I personally dont use them very often. In my opionion they have very limited capablities, with respects to rotation and translation, as you can only translate a database once, and I think you should be able to translate the database and the network. Then if you already had a database that was translated and got additional data that was on another coordinate system you could import to a network and translate the network to the existing data.

HTH

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
George-Handley
in reply to: rl_jackson

I understand what you are saying.  I'll have a go tomorrow, unfortunately i'm having dramas with trimble link so the un-install is the last resort!

cheers.  

Message 4 of 6
rl_jackson
in reply to: George-Handley

What version, and what's the issue. Possible post a new thread.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
George-Handley

there isn't a lot of info out there and i need to sort it asap.  if the reinstall doesn't fix the issue then definately there will be a post about it tomorrow!

Message 6 of 6
George-Handley

Just an FYI Jackson the reinstall did the trick and now trimble link appears on my tabs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report