Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapExport / ExportCivi3dObjects to SDF

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MikeEvansUK
276 Views, 3 Replies

MapExport / ExportCivi3dObjects to SDF

I have custom object tables added to civil3d pipework objects so that I can export custum info for BIM purposes.

When I use the ExportCivilobjectsToSdf commandI get the usual entries into the SDF object tables but the attached object table & data do not pass over.

When I run Mapexport no objects are exported?

Is there a way apart from creating a join to export this data?

Civil3d 2013 / SP1, S3d 2014 (unused)

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

@mikeevans wrote:

I have custom object tables added to civil3d pipework objects so that I can export custum info for BIM purposes.

When I use the ExportCivilobjectsToSdf commandI get the usual entries into the SDF object tables but the attached object table & data do not pass over.

When I run Mapexport no objects are exported?

Is there a way apart from creating a join to export this data?

Civil3d 2013 / SP1, S3d 2014 (unused)

Nope, Civilexort doesn't see the Map OD tables and the mapexport can't read the C3D objects.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 4
neilyj666

the software is incompatible with itself...:-)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 4
MikeEvansUK

Well, I am not bearing a grudge due to incompatibility.

I have moved on and created a code to extract all the pipe / structure information (needs a bit of tweaking), explode the objects and add the object data tables so I can pass the information correctly to Map.

The goal here is to also get this information into Revit but I think I may have bitten off a huge chunk that I can't swallow there.

Thanks.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report