Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map Query issue

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
jmayo-EE
992 Views, 27 Replies

Map Query issue

I set up a queery to bring in lot numbers from object data in another file (see untitled.png) but I can't seem to get the correct data. Even though I query Lot the query always brings in the Mun value (see untitled2.png).

Anyone else having issues with queries? Can anyone see any issue with the way I set up the query?

John Mayo

EESignature

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Messed around with the profile.aws and got it fixed. all of the bold values were ones I changed.

<Tool CLSID="{6D32A2D9-832E-11D2-A83C-0060B0872C0B}">
      <CAdUiDockControlBar Orientation="-1" AllowDocking="1">
       <FloatInfo Left="0" Top="0" Width="494" Height="337"/><DockInfo Left="0" Top="0" Width="0" Height="1025" MRUDockID="59421"/></CAdUiDockControlBar>
      <CAdUiPaletteSet ActivePaletteIndex="0" TitleBarLocation="1" AutoRollup="0" Name="Properties" Style="4142" Opacity="100" RolloverOpacity="100" Visible="1"/>

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 22 of 28
rkmcswain
in reply to: Neilw_05

Neilw wrote:
FDOhhsoSlow is right on. FDO performance is pathetic for parcels and imagery.

Really? ?

It's not slow for me. I can generate labels (and convert them to AutoCAD text if needed) in W A Y less time that I can using Map Import.

Maybe I'm missing something..?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 23 of 28
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: rkmcswain

Me too

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 24 of 28
Murph_Map

John, I think I see what the problem is/was in your query. You have Object Class and Object Data selected in the first png. Looks like that is a bug in C3D 2014. It should unselect the object class if you select object data. At least that's how it works in Map 2015. 

Any how here is a screen cast of the process that I used. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 25 of 28
jmayo-EE
in reply to: rkmcswain

Extracting the text is a faster operation. No argument there. It's the pans, zooms and trying to draft over the data that is slow.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 26 of 28
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Murph_Map

2013 but many thanks Murph!

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 27 of 28
Joe-Bouza

Yes drawing over FDO can be trying. I'd suggest a work flow to bring it in with FDO >> save to dwg and turn off the FDO layers.

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 28 of 28
AllenJessup

It looks all right to me John. What do you have set under Alter Properties? I tend to use the FDO method if I have the original SHP or database available.

Allen

I hate when the site hasn't refreshed and I end up replying to a post that has had 26 replies in the mean time.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report