Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map Query issue

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
jmayo-EE
980 Views, 27 Replies

Map Query issue

I set up a queery to bring in lot numbers from object data in another file (see untitled.png) but I can't seem to get the correct data. Even though I query Lot the query always brings in the Mun value (see untitled2.png).

Anyone else having issues with queries? Can anyone see any issue with the way I set up the query?

John Mayo

EESignature

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
rkmcswain
in reply to: jmayo-EE

This does not address your question directly, but if you do not get an answer soon, have you considered bringing in the data using FDO, then extracting the autocad annotation from that? It looks like a long process, but once I got it down I can do it quickly now.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 28
Joe-Bouza

I concur with RK and there you can validate the data table contents of the field you seek

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 28
Murph_Map

Can you share the dwg with me John? 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 28
Neilw_05

Hi John,
Looking at the screen caps I'm a little confused. Your query is defined to bring in all parcels with Lot=*. That wildcard means all the parcels will be queried regardless of Lot value. Thus the query would achieve the same results if you ran a Query Location=All. I guess it doesn't matter which you use though unless you are wanting to limit the query to certain lots.

As to why the OD doesn't match the parcel labels, it appears it's because the labels are showing the MUN value, not the LOT value.
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 6 of 28
Neilw_05
in reply to: Neilw_05

By the way, I see you have set up the Alter Properties options. Are the labels coming in with the query or are you generating them?
WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 7 of 28
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thank you all for chiming in. I appreciate the input.

Randy and Joe, I will give that method a shot. Might not have time today but I'm sure it will work fine. I just need some text labels.

Murph, 23MB zip file with the esri data or 36 MB dwg... They won't post here. I got the data here.

https://njgin.state.nj.us/NJ_NJGINExplorer/IW.jsp?DLayer=NJ 2012 Orthophotography MG3 AutoCAD

Quick intructions to get the data from this server.

Zoom to the middle of NJ. Mercer County is on the western state border. Note the drop down list for the datasets to download. I am using the, 'Counties by County/Muni' dataset. Select this dataset. Use the Select by Point tool and click in Mercer County. Check the radio button for Mercer in the right Selection Panel. Down on the lower right click the Add Items to Cart and then click the # items in your cart for download link to get the data.

Neil, I have not used a query in years & I am trying to get the proccess back so yeah there may be some issues with the way I set it up. 😮

I will review and try again. The labels are being generated with the query but they are not showing the info I queried... the lot num. If I query lot num or block num I still get the mun number.

Thanks again everyone. I will post back when I return to the task.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 28
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Murph_Map

Murph,

I had to apply the 'providers' fix before I got the shp files to work.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticle...

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 9 of 28
jmayo-EE
in reply to: rkmcswain

Randy, Joe,

Tried the FDOhhhSoSlow method, got most of the correct labels but not all lots. Need to check object props  but props dialog will not open with the contextual ribbon the map theme is displaying and crashed trying to close it...

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 10 of 28
jmayo-EE

Restart and props dialog is gone. Can't find it anywhere.

Repairing...

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 11 of 28
rkmcswain

Repairing...

Good thing the 2015 dark theme is there to help offset the loss of productivity you are having with the actual tools...

</sarcasm>

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 12 of 28
jmayo-EE
in reply to: rkmcswain

...and the repair was unsuccessful. No properties dialog.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 13 of 28
jmayo-EE

It's also good to know the mothership and the stockholding pilots have them all working on 360 and infraworks!!

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 14 of 28
jmayo-EE

Re-Install unsuccessful....My hair loss has a rate of change that can be measured in clumps...

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 15 of 28
jmayo-EE

Editing the profile.aws as noted here does nothing.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Properties-Palette-Missing/td-p/3502120

Uninstall and reinstalling now....

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 16 of 28
jmayo-EE

...and of course I cannot unistall....

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 17 of 28
Joe-Bouza

John

I know your situation is dire, but thats some funny SH%$ in your last few post.

Has anyone else tried this shp file? You are welcome to sedn it to me. If I can help I will.

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 18 of 28
Joe-Bouza

@jmayo wrote:

It's also good to know the mothership and the stockholding pilots have them all working on 360 and infraworks!!

Thats precious!

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 19 of 28
Neilw_05

FDOhhsoSlow is right on. FDO performance is pathetic for parcels and imagery. I hope you get a chance to try the Map Annotation tool instead.

I once had to do a clean re-install of Infrastructure Suite. Without an uninstaller for the suite it was a tedious process (to put it nicely).

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 20 of 28
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Yeah C3D doesn't work but I still have my sense of humor.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report