Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map Query Question

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DaveM
337 Views, 3 Replies

Map Query Question

All,

I downloaded a shape file from http://nationalmap.gov/viewer.html that contains all of the streets in a vicinity. All of the linework has object data attached that contains street names. I have hunderds of streets shown, but i only want to show the name of a few of the streets. right now i am coping the name out of the properties and pasting it into a mtext. I know how to query the drawing and attach the name to all of the streets, but it creates way to many to delete.

Does anyone know how i can just pick the streets i would like to lable and lable just those street?

Civil3d 2012 Latest Update.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
antoniovinci
in reply to: DaveM

I would extract the desired subset thru a shape editor, e.g. Mapwindow or Quantum Gis.

Then I'd _MAPIMPORT it in Autocad Map, labeling automatically somehow.

Message 3 of 4
DaveM
in reply to: antoniovinci

So i think i found an answer, but if anyone has a better one feel free.

I defined an annotation template. When you select define annotation template it open up block editor. Then select the edit annotation text icon in the ribbon, which looks like edit annotation text.pngthen press enter to create a new annotation text.

annotation text dialog.pngThe dialog is similar to an attribute box.select just next to the value box and it lets you choose which object data your text will place. know when you choose insert annotation it asks which template to use, select appropriatly, then select your objects.

Sorry i am not very detailed, still learning myself, if you have any questions i will do my best to answer. biggest issue i am having right know is my object data is all lowercase, and i need it to be uppercase.....

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 4 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: DaveM

@dmartin wrote:

So i think i found an answer, but if anyone has a better one feel free.

Thats the way i would do it.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report