Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a copy of a profile

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
274 Views, 3 Replies

Making a copy of a profile

I am working with my center line profile and I want to make a copy of my profile for my right & left side of the road

so the have the same station but when I copy the profile view and add my FG with profile creation tools

it will show up on the othe original profile I want to have independent profile for my left & right side of the road

Jaime

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KirkNoonan
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you mean that you would like separate profile views for each of the profiles? The stationing for your profiles comes from the associated alignment. If you are creating a profile with the layout tools, you could even start with an empty profile view.

All profiles generated from a common alignment will be displayed in each profile view that is associated with that same alignment.  To control which profile is displayed in any given view, look at the profile view properties and choose the profiles tab. There, you can turn the display of each profile on and off.

If you copy a profile, it will do just that - create an identical copy whch you can then edit with the geometry tools.

Message 3 of 4
doni49

Most people (myself included would create a corridor and use an assembly to create the roadway along the road.  Unless your alignment is one single tangent and no more, then what you're looking to do won't work.  Once you hit a PC or PI then the stations will no longer match up.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 4
Joe-Bouza

I'm guessing that this is a rehab job causing you to mimick the as-built left and right.
you can do a few things.

if the road is fairly straight: generate two more profiles views from the the cl and name them left and right. now you can create the edge layouts based on cl stations.

or create alignments for the edges, layout profiles and superimpose on the cl profile

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report