Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTEXT JUSTIFICATION

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
wbrustle
1393 Views, 4 Replies

MTEXT JUSTIFICATION

I am editing mtext and I am not sure exactly at what justification it was originally created, and everytime I edit the mtext when I complete my edit and accept changes and exit out of the command the mtext jumps to a new location. How can I change the justification to this already established text within my drawing so this does not happen? The mtext is middle center justified. I know if I create new mtext at middle center justification and make an edit, the text does not move......its just with this other text that was already in the drawing......thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: wbrustle

Is it actually mtext? Sounds like a multileader to me.
It could be a multileader with no leader attached; if so I believe the behaviour you report is a known bug. Happens to me too. Quite annoying.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
wbrustle
in reply to: troma

I just checked and it is a multi-leader with no leader. I do this quite often while drafting....I copy around my text starting with a multileader, this way I have a leader I can attach or detach as I need it. I just never knew why the multileader text behaved this way.......well I know now and thank you very much...it was driving me crazy too. Maybe someday they will fix this issue.

Message 4 of 5
troma
in reply to: wbrustle

I've used them too; useful for maitaining a box around the text.

One workaround is to keep them left justified.  I think the problem only occurs with centre or right justification (and only when there is no leader).

If you don't need a box around your text, I suggest exploding it to mtext for now.  Then use the lisp posted here to convert it to a multileader if & when you need to.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 5
wbrustle
in reply to: troma

Thank you very much. I will def. check it out

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report