Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIINSERT problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1827 Views, 5 Replies

MAPIINSERT problems

I think I'm doing something wrong here, but nobody in the office can figure it out! Trying to insert one of these quadrangle maps: http://www.isgs.illinois.edu/nsdihome/webdocs/drgs/drgorder24bymap.html into a drawing using the mapiinsert command.

I have tried just about every single coordinate system that makes any sense to try, but it never comes in at the right spot. For example, when I set the drawing to IL23-WF coordinates and insert the quad sheet, the corner that should be -89.5, 40.625 is -98.4878,  48.7126. I am trying to insert the Washington quadrangle. I think I have done other ones in the past and had success, but it has been a long time.

You guys are so smart; thanks for any help on this one!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't have it up in front of me now, but compare the two tabs on the window, are the insert coordinates the same?  If not, I've found I have to change the bottom pulldown from "feet" to "inches" and then the insert coordinates match and it comes in where expected.

#

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Yes they are. Interestingly enough, I tried inserting another quad sheet that I had downloaded previously into the same drawing. it comes in correctly! This is making me think that the file itself has the wrong information in the world file...what other explanation could there be?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Ok intvestigating further...the 500 dpi one will work for a certain quadrangle, but not the drg_usgs. (Unfortunately not all are 500 dpi) However, the drg_usgs will tile accurately if adjacent quad sheets are inserted. Still confused, but maybe I'm getting somewhere.

Message 5 of 6
antoniovinci

If I set "UTM27-16" as main CRS (command _ADESETCRDSYS), your 'Drg_usgs_o40089f4' geotiff shows up like this:

drg_usgs_o40089f4.gif

Is it right, sir..?

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: antoniovinci

I wouldn't be able to tell at that scale. but my goal is to have the corners, where the lat long is called out, correspond to the correct coordinates. I tried it myself, and it does seem to do the trick. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report