Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowering a surface

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
martin888888
347 Views, 5 Replies

Lowering a surface

I have a 5 acre surface which includes a 2 acre parking lot.  I want to lower only the parking lot area to bottom of subgrade level and then grade back to surface at 10:1 for mass grading purposes.  Anyone have any good ways to do this? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hmartinez5
in reply to: martin888888

I would create a Featureline of the parking lot area. Raise the featureline to the EG surface. Then Lower by Subgrade depth and daylight to EG with the desired slope with the grading tools. Finally add the Featureline and grading to a surface to calculate the volumes required.

Message 3 of 6
troma

New surface.
Paste in the surface you have.
Add a boundary (parking lot)
Lower the surface by the subgrade depth.

Do the 10:1 slope as suggested by hmartinez5

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 6
martin888888
in reply to: troma

Thanks.  After adding a boundary and lowering the surface I beleive you will then have to paste it back into your orginal surface

Message 5 of 6
troma

Sounds like a circular reference to me....paste A into B, then paste B into A? Bad idea.

If you need the complete site, with part lowered and part not lowered, I would take A (complete site original), paste into B, add boundary to B and lower it.
Do your 10:1 thing and paste that onto B.
Then make surface C, paste in A, paste in B.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 6
martin888888
in reply to: troma

Exactly.  Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report