Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lot dimensioning

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
248 Views, 6 Replies

Lot dimensioning

Good Day all. Just wondering about lot dimensions and the way civil 3d labels them. Please refer to the attached image: Is it possible to have parcel 25 label the length of the rear yard and ignore the lot 34/35 intersecting line. Is it possible to have the lot 35 & 24 rear yard boundary labelled. The labelling is correct but difficult to read when lots are back to back and do not intersect each others side yard boundaries. It creates alot of short segment dimensions.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, you simply need to apply one more label style to your current situation (or you might be able to update the one in use.) Open up the Label Style Editor, switch to the Layout Tab, and select your Distance component. then turn the Span outside segment to TRUE. Then you might need to apply a single line label, or flip a few labels, but you should be able to achieve the result you're looking for. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D2005
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks. "James Wedding" wrote in message news:41b9d46d$1_1@newsprd01... > Yes, you simply need to apply one more label style to your current situation > (or you might be able to update the one in use.) > > Open up the Label Style Editor, switch to the Layout Tab, and select your > Distance component. then turn the Span outside segment to TRUE. Then you > might need to apply a single line label, or flip a few labels, but you > should be able to achieve the result you're looking for. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > Technology Manager > Associate > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005+C3D2005 > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hey Landman; As we all don't have the largest possible bandwidth at all times, please don't take offense, but it took my non-dialup ISP about 90 seconds to download the BMP you attached. Having also been the recipient of chastisement in the past for my practice of attaching screen captures, I was directed to a source that helped a great deal to reduce the size of the captures. Check this out... http://www.irfanview.com/ Your almost 1MB BMP might get reduced to about a quarter of its size in PNG format. HTH -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" Barghausen Consulting Engineers Kent, WA USA LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "Landman" wrote in message news:41b9d94c_2@newsprd01... > Thanks. > > "James Wedding" wrote in message > news:41b9d46d$1_1@newsprd01... > > Yes, you simply need to apply one more label style to your current > situation > > (or you might be able to update the one in use.) > > > > Open up the Label Style Editor, switch to the Layout Tab, and select your > > Distance component. then turn the Span outside segment to TRUE. Then you > > might need to apply a single line label, or flip a few labels, but you > > should be able to achieve the result you're looking for. > > > > -- > > James Wedding, P.E. > > Technology Manager > > Associate > > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > > Dallas, TX > > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > > LDT2005+C3D2005 > > > > > >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks.... dont want to cause any slowdown for folk. Appreciate the link. "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:41b9dede$1_3@newsprd01... > Hey Landman; > > As we all don't have the largest possible bandwidth at all times, please > don't take offense, but it took my non-dialup ISP about 90 seconds to > download the BMP you attached. Having also been the recipient of > chastisement in the past for my practice of attaching screen captures, I was > directed to a source that helped a great deal to reduce the size of the > captures. Check this out... > http://www.irfanview.com/ > > Your almost 1MB BMP might get reduced to about a quarter of its size in PNG > format. > > HTH > > -- > Don Reichle > "King Of Work-Arounds" > Barghausen Consulting Engineers > Kent, WA USA > LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 > On WIN2K SP4 > Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 > 512MB RAM > NVIDIA 32MB AGP > > > "Landman" wrote in message > news:41b9d94c_2@newsprd01... > > Thanks. > > > > "James Wedding" wrote in message > > news:41b9d46d$1_1@newsprd01... > > > Yes, you simply need to apply one more label style to your current > > situation > > > (or you might be able to update the one in use.) > > > > > > Open up the Label Style Editor, switch to the Layout Tab, and select > your > > > Distance component. then turn the Span outside segment to TRUE. Then you > > > might need to apply a single line label, or flip a few labels, but you > > > should be able to achieve the result you're looking for. > > > > > > -- > > > James Wedding, P.E. > > > Technology Manager > > > Associate > > > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > > > Dallas, TX > > > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > > > LDT2005+C3D2005 > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 7
Deewar25

Although it can be frustrating if there are major changes afterwards, I have always adopted a 'cheat' and used aligned dimensions instead - just hide the dimension lines and extension lines, put on osnaps, and away you go. Find it more easier than dealing with breaking lines, creating boundaries, working around line intersections and stuff with your dymamic/static label commands.

That's just me though. It's also nice in that if you decide to change scale half way through, you just edit in dimstyle and it's all updated. Only risk is without the dynamic ability, you have to make sure your dimensions are manually adjusted if your lot lines revise.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

That "risk" you mentioned at the end is likely the biggest reason for using the Dynamic method. "The only Constant is Change." Anonymous -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" Barghausen Consulting Engineers Kent, WA USA LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "Deewar25" wrote in message news:27626306.1102703693156.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Although it can be frustrating if there are major changes afterwards, I have always adopted a 'cheat' and used aligned dimensions instead - just hide the dimension lines and extension lines, put on osnaps, and away you go. Find it more easier than dealing with breaking lines, creating boundaries, working around line intersections and stuff with your dymamic/static label commands. > > That's just me though. It's also nice in that if you decide to change scale half way through, you just edit in dimstyle and it's all updated. Only risk is without the dynamic ability, you have to make sure your dimensions are manually adjusted if your lot lines revise.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report