Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost selection Set

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jefflambert9091
417 Views, 3 Replies

Lost selection Set

When I select objects, right click to copy or copy the grips and selection goes away. It stays in the command and I have to reselect my objects. My select similar is also affected. I have this problem for a few days and then it goes away. After a few weeks, it comes back. Noun/verb, implied windowing and object grouping are checked on in my selection modes. Help?  C3D2011 v2

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
troma
in reply to: jefflambert9091

It sounds like a Noun/Verb (PICKFIRST) problem, but you checked that already.  Another sysvar that messed me up is the undocumented QAFLAGS. Mine is set to 0, what's yours?

The fact that it fixes itself and then comes back tells me that something running in the background is changing something for you.  What 3rd party apps & lisps are you running?

As a workaround, if you have a selection set and then when issue a command the selection is lost, try this: type the letter P (for previous).  This should grab the previous set for you without the bother of selecting it all again.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 4

BINGO! It was the QAFLAGS. Mine was at 1.  I looked at all the selection variables. I don't have any 3rd party software. I have some old lisps but i use them everyday.  I may figure it out one day. About once a year ,depending how I may lock up, I have to set my Filedia back to one. Thanks a bunch!

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 4
troma
in reply to: jefflambert9091

Cool, glad we found it!  Came across that one myself when I was trying to mess around in lisp.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report