Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Plot Styles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
craigkittaka1240
331 Views, 2 Replies

Lost Plot Styles

I updated software from Civil 3D, 2011 to 2012, a while back.  Recently I went back to print a drawing created in 2011 and found that the plot styles that I had made were no longer there.  Is there a way to get these plot styles back?  I already uninstalled C3D 2011.

Thanks for your help!

Csk 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

Uninstall does normally not remove user-defined files, so you have a good chance to find them!

I have them (on Win7 and for German Civil3D2011) in this directory

C:\Users\alfred\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2011\deu\Plotters\Plot Styles

the orange parts will differ at your location.

If you don't find that directory then search through your local disk for the name Plot Styles and check by the foldername if that is for 2012 or 2011. Please include hidden folders for your search.

If you have modified your directory where AutoCAD has the CTB/STB stored and you have forgotten that storage place ... than you have to search for *.CTB

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3

Alfred,

Thank you very much for your help!  I found my old plot styles, brought them into 2012 C3D & am a happy camper!

appreciate it,

Csk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report