Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Connection to Mapped Drives

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
2156 Views, 1 Reply

Losing Connection to Mapped Drives

Windows 7, 64 bit

Civil 3d 2010

After I close the program or if I restart my computer and turn on the program, all of the mapped drives show up as disconnected in the file tree of 2010 and the program as a whole thinks the connection is disconnected when I try to open a recent file that is located on a mapped drive.  I tried to create a shortcut folder to that map drive and it will not work either.  2011 works fine in that regards so I am thinking it is a 64-bit issue since this happened on Vista 64 as well but I will take additional thoughts or ideas.  I do have a script that once I log into my workstation it reconnects and replaces the mapped drives under my computer.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Man Surprised

Well I have figured it out but I can't exactly explain why.  At some point, when I get better with Vista/Windows 7 I will understand. 

I set the program to always "run as administrator" because even though my username is part of the domain adminstrator group, it runs it as adminstrator but I logged into my machine under my username and not "Administrator".  So that is why I think that I lose mapped network drives.  

Why run as administrator?  Civil3D sometimes won't install updates without being the "administrator" in windows vista and 7.  So you can select programs to always run as the administrator to get around it. 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report