Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for corridor/surface style to...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
elijahvoigt
276 Views, 4 Replies

Looking for corridor/surface style to...

I am looking for either a corridor style or surface style to display slopes while in plan view while working on a corridor. I know you can turn on slope arrows as a surface style, but I am actually looking for the grade to be displayed next to a slope arrow. Hopefully I am explaining it properly. Anyone know if this is possible? I just am looking for a better way to spot errors before putting surfaces into machine control without checking station by station in the section editor. Thanks in advance. 

Civil 3D 2014
i7-3930K Overclocked
32 GB Ram
Windows 7 Professional
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: elijahvoigt

You can make a label to display slopes.

Or you could do a slope analysis on your surface.  Set colours for different slope ranges.  Then it is a visual display of the steepness of the surface.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
elijahvoigt
in reply to: troma

Thanks. I did shade the surface to see the slopes, but I am really looking for the hard numbers. If i did a slope label would there be anyway to automate it to say I want a lable at 50' sta at a specified offet from a baseline?

Civil 3D 2014
i7-3930K Overclocked
32 GB Ram
Windows 7 Professional
Message 4 of 5
troma
in reply to: elijahvoigt

Not that I know of, sorry.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 5

Perhaps you could place one and array it?

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report