Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locating breaklines amongst many and removing from the surface?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
LeafRiders
1329 Views, 21 Replies

Locating breaklines amongst many and removing from the surface?

I had some inaccurate survey points in my EG. Now I have new points and breaklines. I'm looking for any suggestions on how to locate thes old breaklines either within the list or visually within my surface editing / style. 

The zoom to doesn't work as there are many breaklines within the zoom extents, and 1000's of breaklines to sift through.  Is there a setting somewhere in the surface where i can turn on the breaklines that have been added already to something that's visible so i can delete those out of my surface?

I'm looking for anything on this one. (Not the obvious answers thought). Delete all and replace all (not happening). Thanks.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
fcernst
in reply to: LeafRiders

You'll be fine working with the triangles! The triangles are 3D Faces. This what LDD used for road work, and it handled it just fine.

What's best for you is that it is the actual final downstream physical record for that surface, of everything, all pre-processing,  pasting, etc. that has ever been done to it.

I think 3D Faces may be one of the least memory intesive objects to deal with, in the Civil 3D world.

Yes, if you change EG, it updates its Pasted self in EG2.

• Check to maintain edges when you Add the 3D Faces to the new surface definition. 

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 22 of 22
BrianHailey
in reply to: LeafRiders

@LeafRiders wrote:

Some valid options here. I ended up going with a wholesale rebuild problem now is all the surface edits applied (swap edge, and add line point etc.) are all erased from the surface. Would need to redo everything. Looks like i'll be going through and trying to remove the breaklines individually that need replacing. At the end of the day, this whole concept is flawed IMO.

In your surface properties, definition tab, you can adjust the order of the data that is being applied. Just make sure your edits are at the bottom of the list (if you've done extensive edting, don't rearange the edits, just move the add data portions to the top of the list). Remove the breaklines from your surface, adjust them, add them back in, and then move them above the surface edits.

Mark this as another example of why I'm a big fan of never using these surface edting commands.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report