Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Map no longer displays

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
pne123
779 Views, 17 Replies

Live Map no longer displays

I can't get live maps to load anymore in my drawings.  I have tried it in new drawings and drawings that used to work.  I have not changed my coordinate system in my previous drawings.  Autodesk 360 says I am signed in but I do not have a logout option.  In the pulldown my only option is Login but once I click sign in nothing happens.

I have done a repair but no luck

Any suggestions?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
tcorey
in reply to: pne123

You didn't happen to let your subscription lapse?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 18
pne123
in reply to: tcorey

HI Tim, Good suggestion but I can still sign in to the subscription site thru a browser so I can only assume Craig has not let our subscription lapse. Perry Webster
Message 4 of 18
tcorey

If you open AutoCAD Options, go to the Online tab. Does it show your login name? What are the other settings? Are you syncing your settings with the clousd? If so, what if you turn that off? Can you press the Autodesk 360 button and have it take you there? Have you enabled Auto Sync? If so, turn it off and try it again.

Here are some Autodesk suggestions:

FAQ: Why doesn't the online map display?

The online map stops displaying (in viewports and the Geographic Location dialog box) under the following conditions.

You are not connected to the Internet

If you get disconnected from the Internet, the map stops displaying.

You are not signed in to Autodesk 360

The online maps service is provided as part of Autodesk 360. If you are not signed in to Autodesk 360, the map does not display.

You have opted not to use maps

The first time you attempt to display a map in a drawing session, the program displays the Geolocation -Live Map Data task dialog box. If you select "No" as the answer to "Do you want to use Live Map Data?", the maps do not display. Restart AutoCAD and select "Yes" when the task dialog box displays again.

If the task dialog box does not display, you most likely selected the "Remember my choice" option. Follow the instructions to display hidden dialog boxes and try again.

Map server communication issues

Sometimes communication issues or server issues may cause maps to stop displaying temporarily. For such a case, wait a while and turn the map on again.

Proxy server issues

Requests to the map server may be blocked by your proxy server.

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 5 of 18
pne123
in reply to: tcorey

OPtions does show my login name. I was not syncing. Early today I turned it on and syncing worked so i turned it back off. The 360 button launches a browser and takes me to site I have restarted my computer and cleaned out my %temp% folder. I now have an option to sign into 360 but when i select sign in I do not get a login dialog box. It does nothing. I have no dialog boxes hidden. My user name is shown at the top of C3d as if i am signed in. I have my coordinates set. If I start a new file w/o my coordinates set and select edit location from map nothing happens. I do not get the dialog box w/ the map to select Redding area. When I start civil 3d i get a notice that the geolocation module has loaded successfully
Message 6 of 18
tcorey

Sorry, Perry, I don't have the answer. If you were my customer, I could invest the time to research this for you....  😉

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 7 of 18
pne123

LOL  If was up to me we would be your customer.  I have stopped trying to understand the rational of our cad manager.  🙂

Message 8 of 18
pne123

Hot ****.  It is working today.  Maybe it was "their" end or maybe you fixed it for me.....Thanks for the suggestion Tim.

Message 9 of 18
tcorey

I might have thought the problem was at the Autodesk end, but I tried it yesterday and it worked fine for me. It's a strange error, but I'm glad you're back to work.

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 10 of 18
adammacomber

I have a similar problem except my map shows in model space but not in the viewport. It just shows gray with my location marker. I am using AutoCAD 2014.

Message 11 of 18
pne123
in reply to: adammacomber

Mine did that in 2014 also. If you zoom in modelspace really tight does the image turn to gray? The resolution of the image improves as you zoom in. If you zoom in too tight the image switches to gray. Your viewport might be zoom in too far. In 2015 you can keep zooming in and the image will stay. The resolution does not keep improving but at least the image is is still there.
Message 12 of 18
adammacomber

Ok, it was zoomed in way too far. It shows now, but it doesn't print. Is there a trick or setting to get the map to plot with everything else?

Testing.jpg

Message 13 of 18
adammacomber

Is it true that you cannot get the image to plot? What good is the feature
if it doesn't plot with the rest of the page?

--
Thank you for the opportunity!!!

Adam Macomber
Fire Alarm CAD Designer
Cell 509-981-0016
Message 14 of 18
pne123

In 2014 it will not print. In 2015 it will print. Time to update. You can also clip the image and save it.
Message 15 of 18
adammacomber

Nuts! They just got me this new PC and upgraded me to 2014 last week. I don't think 2015 is in the cards for a while.

Message 16 of 18
pne123

A Subscription will keep up to date.
Message 17 of 18
adammacomber

This is a big company, I have no idea how all that works here. I think I heard something about them transfering the licenses from the parent company to the division I'm in, or it may be the other way around.

Message 18 of 18
pne123

If you are working for large company their software is probably on subscription. The person in charge will want to roll out the new release to everyone at once so

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report