Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Acres in Parcel Map Check Report

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
chrisdavis5201
1256 Views, 5 Replies

Listing Acres in Parcel Map Check Report

I have not seen any posts relating to this so far. I am wondering if there is a way to modify the Map Check Report to include Acreage Calculations like it used to. I am only given the square feet and need both. I know I can calculate it easily, but it would be nice if it were there by default.

Thanks,

Chris M. Davis

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: chrisdavis5201

See THIS message.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
planetcad

I too had been searching high & low for a simple solution to this issue. Who knew we would all be required to morph our otherwise valuable CAD skills into sudden programmer-guru just to keep pace with the apparent "New Norm" in engineering production!?! Dealing with source code, .NET, HTML...Huh?

Anyway, here's the short / simple answer to get ACRES from your Parcel Map Check Report;

- Go to the TOOLSPACE, SETTINGS tab

- Edit DWG Settings

- Go to the AMBIENT SETTINGS tab( all the way to the right)

- Go about half way down to expand the AREA options

- Drop down the UNIT value and select ACRES

That's it! Apparently the report pulls from this "Default" dwg setting to establish what is displayed. It seems it would have been more intuitive to give the user the ability to adjust report setting in the Toolbox where reports are actually generated.

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 6
chrisdavis5201
in reply to: planetcad

This is great to switch between for an either or. I was wondering if there was a way (besides revamping the .net code) to show both on the report like it used to in the LDD days. The county surveyor wants to see both in the report. I wish there was a way in the ambient settings to either add a second area property or to have the option in the drop down for both. The problem with doing the .net change is that we have multiple offices and computers to try and modify. Makes for an easy way to goof something up.

Thank you Planetcad and Jeff M for your responses. I will need to figure out the best way to do this, or just keep running a manual calulator conversion and typing it in the reports manually.

Chris M. Davis

Message 5 of 6
planetcad

"I wish there was a way in the ambient settings to either add a second area property or to have the option in the drop down for both. The problem with doing the .net change is that we have multiple offices and computers to try and modify. Makes for an easy way to goof something up."

Yes, I agree 100%! This is where Autodesk needs to take note and enhance these "reports" capabilities. Adding content flexibility would address a lot of common industry requirements and eliminate user / CAD Manager headaches for so many of us.

Cheers!

Message 6 of 6
planetcad

FYI - I found a third-party application that addresses this, called SmartDraft Survey. Seems chalk full of great Survey tools where C3D falls short. Unfortunately, it adds more co$t to your software bottom line. Might be a hard sell with your management!?

Hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report