Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links project to 0,0

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
rdlongbow
355 Views, 15 Replies

Links project to 0,0

2012 SP2.1 on Win7 64

Attached are pics of my assembly and corridor with links extending to 0,0. This only occurs on the left side of the roadway and only in cut sections. The brown line is the Pave2 link, and the yellow line is an uncoded link that starts from from ditchin. The subassemblies are ShoulderExtendSubbase and DaylightStandard.

I may have seen this once before a while back, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to correct this.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Chuck

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
sboon
in reply to: rdlongbow

I've seen this once before also.  Best I can remember it had something to do with an assembly that was originally created in a previous version.  Perhaps try recreating it and see if that helps.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 16
dgordon

check that the end station of the corridor base line is not the same or shorter than the end station of the proposed profile.   If they are the same then the profile could be shorter and you don't see it due to rounding to hundreths place.

usually what i do is set the region stationing at least a hundreth less than the baseline station ending.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 4 of 16
rdlongbow

I tried adjusting the region stationing as suggested, but it didn't make a difference. Since the right side is o.k., I mirrored the subs from right to left, no difference.

I took another snapshot zoomed out a bit to show what is happening.

Forgot to mention that everything looks good in the section editor except that I have to zoom out and pan to see the section, and then zoom back in for a closer look.

I created this assembly in 2012.

Another thing about this assembly: Since dragging this assembly to the tool palette doesn't work, I tried to wblock, but it crashed C3D. I've wblocked other assemblies without a problem.

Message 5 of 16
rdlongbow

Recreated assembly...same problem. Curious that it only affects the left side. The right is a mirror of the left.

Message 6 of 16
sboon

Same assembly in a new baseline on the original corridor?

Same assembly in a new corridor?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 16
Jeff_M

Would it be possible to post the drawing? 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 16
rdlongbow
in reply to: sboon

New assembly with the original baseline and corridor.

Message 9 of 16
rdlongbow
in reply to: Jeff_M

I'll try to get a drawing up shortly.

Message 10 of 16
sboon

Sorry - meant to say:

Have you tried or can you try the same assembly in a new baseline on the original corridor?

Have you tried or can you try the same assembly in a new corridor?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 11 of 16
rdlongbow

I copied the assembly to another drawing which contains a different segment of the project, so it has a different alignment for the baseline, and targets a different surfac and applied it to the corridor: same problem.

When I get the chance, I'll apply it to a completely different project and see what happens. For now, I've attached a drawing with the assembly.

Message 12 of 16
rdlongbow

Applied the assembly to the corridor of a completely different project, and it behaves just the same.

Message 13 of 16
Jeff_M

Looks like there's a problem in the SA code. I'll have a closer look later today.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 14 of 16
rdlongbow
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for taking the time to look at this for me. I need to use this assembly, and variations of it, in several other corridors.

Chuck

Message 15 of 16
rdlongbow

Progress! By changing the Subase Daylight Type in the upper two conditions to Hold Width, adjust slope, the Pave2 links are gone. Now, to figure out what the uncoded links are, and how to get rid of them. Oh yeah, the uncoded links are now coming from the right side ditchin too.

Message 16 of 16
rdlongbow

Solved! In addition to changing the Subbase Daylight Type, I changed the width from 8' to 7.99'. At 8', the slope matched the subbase depth, and it didn't like that very much.

Not sure why I did this, but I put the shoulder at 4:1 (-25%). Must be that since I did that to get the bottom condition shoulder the way I wanted, I sloped the shoulder at 6:1, and did a 1.5:1 foreslope. I changed that on the upper two conditions and lengthened the foreslope to 8.01.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report