AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
pdallas
Message 1 of 5 (103 Views)

Linking Feature Lines to points

103 Views, 4 Replies
04-16-2012 07:59 AM

Is there a way to link feature lines to points?  If I have a series of points and I've joined them with a feature line; I want the feature line to update automatically if I adjust a point elevation.  Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 2 of 5 (94 Views)

Re: Linking Feature Lines to points

04-16-2012 08:30 AM in reply to: pdallas

Use the Survey tools to create Survey Figures instead of Featurelines.  They look and act pretty much the same, but they're tied to the survey points they connect.  Please note - this method comes with it's own set of problems.

Contributor
pdallas
Message 3 of 5 (89 Views)

04-16-2012 08:38 AM in reply to: pdallas

Thanks Steve.  I had tried using figures too, but it doesn't seem to be updating with a point elevation adjustment either.  Maybe I missed something; I'll give it another shot.

Patrick

*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 4 of 5 (81 Views)

04-16-2012 08:53 AM in reply to: pdallas

Keep in mind that the survey figures are tied to the points in the survey database, not the ones in your drawing.  You need to update the database to force the figures to update themselves.

Contributor
pdallas
Message 5 of 5 (75 Views)

04-16-2012 09:10 AM in reply to: pdallas

Thank you Steve; this should speed up some things for me.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs