Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LinkVertical Surface

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mrmcclenathan
1011 Views, 2 Replies

LinkVertical Surface

Hi all,

I'm currently modeling a ductbank design using a rectangular assembly and a corresponding corridor. Right now I'm able to generate a top surface and a datum surface (see attached jpeg). These portions of the ductbank are built with the LinkWidthAndSlope subassembly. I'm looking to create two side surfaces for a more realistic 3D model. In my assembly I've used the LinkVertical subassembly tool to model the vertical faces. Any suggestions on how to create a vertical surface to complete my ductbank model?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
EricGates
in reply to: mrmcclenathan

Hi,

As far as I'm aware of there is no ability to create a true vertical Surface, with that said, if you cheat the bottom assembly width inward by some small value, 0.01 and use the vertical links as part of your datum surface this should give you very close to what you are trying to achieve.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Message 3 of 3
mrmcclenathan
in reply to: EricGates

Thanks! I had to switch the linkvertical subassembly to a LinkWidthAndSlope subassembly, use a fairly large slope and small width, but it still looks pretty close to my original design. However, I found it much easier to give the vertical sides different link codes instead of using top or datum. This gives a much smoother looking surface however, a downside is you have 4 surfaces rather than two...

Thanks again for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report