Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LinkSlopeToSurface Assembly Superelevation not Working Properly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mmurray
671 Views, 5 Replies

LinkSlopeToSurface Assembly Superelevation not Working Properly

Link slope to surface subassembly wil not reflect info from the Superelevation info properly.  You have to toggle cut and fill to get to show proper rotation.  Leaving set to "cut and fill" should work for all because the slope should be coming from SE info (when left set to 'cut and fill" it shows the opposite of what it should show, ex if slope is supposed to be -6% from SE info it draws at 6%).  I tested the linkwidthandslope subassembly and it reads the SE info fine and rotating as to be expected, although i need an assembly to target a surface and also rotate properly.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: mmurray

What version of Civil 3D are you using?

Would you be willing to upload your drawing so I could take a look at it?

If it is too big to post here, please let me know and we can make other arrangements to get me the data.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 3 of 6
mmurray
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

I am using Acad c3d 2013, drawing is way to large to post.
Message 4 of 6
Pointdump
in reply to: mmurray

M,

From the Help Section:

Superelevation
"If you are adding superelevation to any alignments, do so before creating the corridor. Also, the superelevation data is not dynamic, so it does not update if you grip-edit the alignment. Therefore, add the superelevation after the alignment design is stable, or be prepared to redo the superelevation if the alignment is modified."

Are any of these a possibility?

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 6
mmurray
in reply to: Pointdump

That is why i substituted the LWS (Linkwidthandslope) for the LSS to make sure it was pulling the data properly from SE table and it worked as expected. I just modified the SE info to the opposite of what it is supposed to be to check if this works and it does not fix appears to be leaving everything positive. I left the LWS with the assembly and it rotated to match SE data which leads me to believe it is something wrong with LSS subassembly. I was toying around with Subassembly composer to see if i could make my own LSS with SE capability but have not had any luck. Thanks
Message 6 of 6
mmurray
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

When add link in is set to Cut and Fill it will only give result in Positive slope for whatever SE info gives, only way to get a negative slope is to set add link in to fill only which would sorte of be pointless. Would be better off generating a design surface from the linkwidthandslope and generate a polyline between my finished gound and design surface and use it as a target for the LWS. More steps than i'd like to have.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report