AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
grafp
Message 1 of 4 (1,106 Views)

Link to Marked point??

1106 Views, 3 Replies
11-24-2010 11:06 AM

I am trying to figuere out how to use the link to marked point subassembly. I am trying to link a back of curb to a sidewalk that varies in distance to the centerline to my corridor.

I tried using the Help menu and searched this forum on how to do this, but to no avail.

I have assembly created.

I have an additional edge of sidewalk alignment & profile created.

Can anyone give be a good step by step on how to add a sidewalk SA with a link to mark SA to my existing Assembly:  so that the sidewalk links to the sidewalk alignment & profile?

Thanks

P. Graf
C3D 2009 & 2010
Windows XP
3 GB ram
intel Core 2 Duo
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
grafp
Message 2 of 4 (1,103 Views)

Re: Link to Marked point??

11-24-2010 11:21 AM in reply to: grafp

Do add and name a MarkPoint SA to my Curb SA. Then add a LinkToMarkedPoint SA to the MarkedPoint SA, then add a Sidewalk SA to the LinkToMarkedPoint SA? I can't seem to get all these things linked together.

P. Graf
C3D 2009 & 2010
Windows XP
3 GB ram
intel Core 2 Duo
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
Active Contributor
JessicaPalmer
Message 3 of 4 (1,071 Views)

11-24-2010 06:28 PM in reply to: grafp

P.Graf

It may be a better solution to use sub-assemblies other than the "Link to Marked Point.  From the back of curb I would add a "link offset and slope".  This sub-assembly will allow you to set alignment and profile targets.  Then add the urban sidewalk subassembly.  I have created similar assemblies and used them with success.

(The "link to marked point" sub-assembly must have a corresponding "marked point" sub-assembly and their P Codes must match exactly.)

Jessica

Jessica Palmer
grafp
Message 4 of 4 (1,027 Views)

11-29-2010 06:18 AM in reply to: JessicaPalmer

Thank you. Now that I read your reply it sounds like the most obvious solution. ie.. why didn't I think of this?

I 've used the linked offset & slope SA many times, but the whole marked point & pcodes thing still befuddles me.

I going to try the LinkOffsetAndElavation SA. Since my slope varies

P. Graf
C3D 2009 & 2010
Windows XP
3 GB ram
intel Core 2 Duo
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs