Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to Marked point??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
grafp
5350 Views, 3 Replies

Link to Marked point??

I am trying to figuere out how to use the link to marked point subassembly. I am trying to link a back of curb to a sidewalk that varies in distance to the centerline to my corridor.

I tried using the Help menu and searched this forum on how to do this, but to no avail.

I have assembly created.

I have an additional edge of sidewalk alignment & profile created.

Can anyone give be a good step by step on how to add a sidewalk SA with a link to mark SA to my existing Assembly:  so that the sidewalk links to the sidewalk alignment & profile?

Thanks

P. Graf
C3D 2009 & 2010
Windows XP
3 GB ram
intel Core 2 Duo
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
grafp
in reply to: grafp

Do add and name a MarkPoint SA to my Curb SA. Then add a LinkToMarkedPoint SA to the MarkedPoint SA, then add a Sidewalk SA to the LinkToMarkedPoint SA? I can't seem to get all these things linked together.

P. Graf
C3D 2009 & 2010
Windows XP
3 GB ram
intel Core 2 Duo
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
Message 3 of 4
JessicaPalmer
in reply to: grafp

P.Graf

It may be a better solution to use sub-assemblies other than the "Link to Marked Point.  From the back of curb I would add a "link offset and slope".  This sub-assembly will allow you to set alignment and profile targets.  Then add the urban sidewalk subassembly.  I have created similar assemblies and used them with success.

(The "link to marked point" sub-assembly must have a corresponding "marked point" sub-assembly and their P Codes must match exactly.)

Jessica

Jessica Palmer
Message 4 of 4
grafp
in reply to: JessicaPalmer

Thank you. Now that I read your reply it sounds like the most obvious solution. ie.. why didn't I think of this?

I 've used the linked offset & slope SA many times, but the whole marked point & pcodes thing still befuddles me.

I going to try the LinkOffsetAndElavation SA. Since my slope varies

P. Graf
C3D 2009 & 2010
Windows XP
3 GB ram
intel Core 2 Duo
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report