AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Distinguished Contributor
petrocat
Message 1 of 2 (296 Views)

Lineweight display after save layout to drawing

296 Views, 1 Replies
06-22-2011 07:51 AM

In Civil3D 2012, I have created a subdivision plat using Parcels, Parcel tables, surfaces, xrefs, and a using a layout for the finish product. I then wanted to kick the tires a little, and use the "Save Layout as a Drawing" command, to make a new .dwg with what is seen in the paperspace. This is in theory a handy tool, as some clients we've had want a CAD file of each sheet (I'm sure they have their reasons).

After my first unsuccessful attempt, I figured out that I had to export the file to ACAD to get rid of the Civil3D object. That's fine, not too much of a workaround for one file, but when doing multiple files I think it might get ridiculous. After that I successfully used the "Save Layout as a Drawing" command to make a new file.

Now the problem: the lineweight display is wonky. All the lineweights are displaying outragedouly thick, even when the settings are correct in unit and exaggeration and the "Display Lineweight"  is unchecked. I can check it on and then check it off, and the lineweights will display normally until I pan, zoom, regen, regenall. I've purged, audited, closed, shutdown, restarted, rebooted computer, tried it from another machine, and still the lineweights are wonky.

Any suggestions?

Mark

Win 7 x64

Civil 3D 2012

Mentor
david.zavislan
Message 2 of 2 (275 Views)

Re: Lineweight display after save layout to drawing

06-23-2011 08:19 AM in reply to: petrocat

The export layout command converts everything to model space.  Model space does not have a view scale like paperspace viewports.  Since there is no scale, the lineweight display is based on the drawing window zoom factor - as you zoom in the lines get thinner and as you zoom out they get fatter.  This should only be a display issue.  When plotting, the lineweights will be based on the selected plot scale.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs