Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetypes, graphically - best of both worlds?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
deltacoolguy
199 Views, 4 Replies

If you have a dashed linetype at a slope, it is shown graphically on the screen and in plots "skewed" (for lack of a better word) due to the slope.

Is there a way to get an accurate dashed line with accurate elevations at each end, but have it look graphically like it is flat?

I want lines to look consistent on the same layer regardless what elevation they may be.  If this could work for polylines with different elevations, that would be fantastic.

Thanks.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: deltacoolguy

Nope, not yet....it's been a wish list item for years, so we keep hoping we will see it.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
deltacoolguy

*sigh*  That's not the answer I was hoping for.  Oh well.

Presently, I just flatten most all proposed linework to a zero elevation, except contours (which are consistent anyway) and a handful of other things that might need a specific elevation.

Does anybody have a method they use that may be better than this?

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 4 of 5
Sinc

Not really.  We keep hoping that Autodesk will improve their linetype system, but it hasn't happened yet.  Maybe in 2013...?  (hopeful wish, but probably another disappointment...)

The only other thing I find that works easliy is in third-pary support:

http://www.quuxsoft.com/SincpacC3D_Help/SP_Extract2D.htm

Sinc
Message 5 of 5
AllenJessup

There was another post on this subject about a week back. There was a response from an Autodesk employee that contained about as hopeful a response as you can get. Considering their non-disclosure policies. The response was "Stay Tuned".

The technology is already there. Try applying a linetype, like treeline,  to a layer containing a 3D chain from a profile.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report