Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetype went haywire

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
490 Views, 4 Replies

Linetype went haywire

My linetype for Fenceline3 is supposed to look like this ----X----X----X----X----X----, I have never had a problem with it before, but tonight I opened my drawing and linetype went crazy.

I have attached a pdf of what my linetype looks like now.  I've reloaded it a few times, re-enter the correct string for it in the .lin file, but nothing is working.  It is coming out like this, _X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_, but worse, that would almost be acceptable at this point, but it isnt working, see attached pdf.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I should add that even in the layers dialouge box, when I click to change linetype and it shows the name and then appearance, even the appearance shows it as all messed up.

I am using c3d 2011.

Message 3 of 5
Sinc

You didn't give us much to go on, but I'll throw in my guess...

I'm assuming your linetype is using a text font to create the "X", so your linetype definiiton has a Text Style and Text Height in it.  In your drawing, the Text Style you're using should be set to Height = 0.

For example, if your linetype definition in your .lin file is set to use the STANDARD Text Style, open your drawing and make sure the STANDARD Text Style is defined with Height = 0.

Sinc
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Sinc

your the man, I didnt need to give you much to go on, you hit the nail on the head.  I didnt think about the height of my text style affecting linetype.  Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5
AllenJessup

That's why even though text is convenient to use in a linetype. It's often better to use a shape instead.

Shape in Cusom Linetypes

You can use the MKShape command to create the shapes.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report