Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetype Generation

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
denzuki
1576 Views, 8 Replies

Linetype Generation

Hello,

I am using Civil 3D 2009

In the sheet profile view the sampled(existing ground) profile for all 3 profiles does not generate the correct linetype(sample 1). The design drawing that I created the individual sheet from displays it correctly (sample 2). The preferences show it is generating(sample 3), it’s just not displaying correctly in the sheet itself.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
bruce.jordan
in reply to: denzuki

Is your profile "update mode" set to dynamic?
If it's static, your linetype gen will not be correct.

HTH
-Bruce
Message 3 of 9
denzuki

I noticed that the Update mode in my Profile View Properties dialog box for the design drawing is set to dynamic, but once I use sheet set the sheets show the profile as static.....with no opportunity to change it......
Message 4 of 9
mstone

C3D 2009 creates a static existing ground profile when you run the sheet production tools. The static profile will not show the correct linetype.

The way I get around this is to create my existing ground profiles directly in my production sheet, rather than dref'ing them. They will then display correctly.
Message 5 of 9
denzuki

Thanks, I will try that.

Question: If you change your alignment location, will have to go back to each sheet and update the profile?
Message 6 of 9
denzuki

OK I just downloaded Civil 3D 2010 and I took the same design file as above and created a new sheet set, same view frames. Now the left and right profile linetype are coming in the way they're supposed to and the centerline linetype is still not correct. Although I did experiment and got the linetype to work as matthew said it would, I cannot believe that this is not a bug. What's the proper channels for reporting this?
Message 7 of 9
mclaughlind

sorry I'm coming from a much different realm of user.. but I have had a similar problem with exporting my topographic surveys.. can you solve this problem by isolating the layer.. using polyline edit.. mutliple.. and turning line type on...
Message 8 of 9
BrianHailey

Matthew,

I think your on the right course but off by just a bit. The plan production doesn't convert a dynamic profile to a static profile, it data references it in. Surface profiles that are data referenced are treated as static profiles (at least as far as linetype generation goes) even though they are still dynamic.

Brian Hailey
http://www.cad-1.com
http://www.AtYourDeskTraining.com

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 9 of 9
pmahobian

Synchronize the reference in the sheet... it should fix the problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report