Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetype Generation for Sections

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
968 Views, 8 Replies

Linetype Generation for Sections

How do I get my dashed linetype for the existing ground in my sections to generate through the entire line? It worked in C3D 2008, but now in C3D 2010 it doesn't work. Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
erik
in reply to: Anonymous

I am looking for this question to be answered as well. Anyone have an answer?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

I haven't had that problem with sections, but I have had it with the profile in 2009. In my plan and profile production sheets, I used to data shortcut the proposed vertical alignment and the existing ground at centerline. The dashed existing ground would always appear as if linetype generation was not enabled. The work around we developed was instead to data shortcut the surface into the plan and profile production sheets, and then use the "profile from surface" command to cut a new OG in our profile views within the "production" sheets. For some reason in 2009, the dashed linetype does not seem to work once it has been data shortcut.

Don't know how this might apply to your sections, but it sounds like a somewhat similar problem. How are you setting up your cross section sheets? The dashed OG linetype in cross sections has always worked fine for me....

--Matt
Message 4 of 9
USGRAM

Not to take over the thread, but I believe Matthew just solved the linetype generation problem that I have had for a long time in data referenced profiles.
I do not see a reason why the same could not be true for sections.
Message 5 of 9
BrianHailey

The main reason the fix you found for profiles won't work for sections is that sections can't be data referenced.

Brian Hailey
http://www.cad-1.com
http://www.AtYourDeskTraining.com
http://Civil3DPlus.wordpress.com

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

My situation is such that I have my existing ground surface data referenced from my survey drawing into my main design file. I created a profile of that existing ground surface in my design file, and the profile line is fine (linetype generation is working). However, when I created section views in my design file, the existing ground sections in my section views do not have the linetype generation working properly. It's weird because it was working just fine 2008, but now in 2010, it does not work, and I do not think I changed anything when I switched over.

Ryan
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I have the same problem.
This is the main reason I´m still working in C3d 2009.

I´ve also noticed that when exporting from C3d 2010 to autocad the surface sections become lines. Exporting from 2009 generates polylines. I guess this has got something to do with it?

/Erik
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

So what's the answer/fix Brian?
Message 9 of 9
vrusso

I am also experiencing this issue with a project that was converted from C3d 2008 to 2010.  Section existing ground linetype generation is not functioning.  I have yet to locate a solution as well and am interested in finding out a fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report