Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines to Northing Easting elevations

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ADRooney
847 Views, 4 Replies

Lines to Northing Easting elevations

How to convert these text to polylines. And extract points.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: ADRooney

Hi,

>> How to convert these text to polylines

>> And extract points.

On one side I assume it's a crosspost to >>>that message<<<

Also your questions are to short to know what you really mean. Tell us more about what you like to do as I don't think you really want to convert the text to polylines (resulting in the outlines of each character are then drawn as polyline, which could be done by command _TXTEXP from express tools).

What do you mean by "extract points", what points should be "extracted" and what result do you want to achieve.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
BrianHailey

If you only have a few pieces of text you want lines drawn through, just snap to them (either NODE or INSERT snap).

As for "extracting points", I would guess a data extraction would work.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 5
ADRooney

Thank you for the reply.

If you see the text properties they have X Y values. So do they resemble the northing easting positions. 
So my question is how to insert a point at those text and create a point group ?

Message 5 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

run command _DATAEXTRACTION, the result of that is an ASCII-file, then use the C3D-command _AECCCREATEPOINTS (7th icon in the tool) to import points from that ASCII-file.

- alf

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report