Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines and Polylines - blue flag flyout?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
srolwes
4694 Views, 8 Replies

Lines and Polylines - blue flag flyout?

What is the blue flag flyout? I cannot move any lines or polylines without it moving whatever is attached. I do have service pack 1 installed.

acad.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: srolwes

Hi,

you have used constraints (>>>details<<<) and that symbol shows your cursor is over such an entity.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
srolwes
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you sir.  Normally do not draw but due to downsizing have to. 

Message 4 of 9
srolwes

How do you permanently disable this so that it never shows up?  I have the parametric flyout open and it a box shows up with check boxes, all of mine are unchecked but an error reads that 1 must be selected.  Does not make sense.  Never heard of this parameter even in other versions and even then it was all disabled.  This version seems to not be able to disable this crap.

Message 5 of 9
troma

Can you find this toolbar, and the circled button?

delete contraints.PNG

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 9
srolwes

I understand but every new object drawn has constraints attached.  I have selected flyout and windowed entire drawing to get rid of but any new line, pline etc has them attached again.

Message 7 of 9
mathewkol

Turn off INFER constraints. You'll find the button in the status bar at the bottom of the AutoCAD wondow.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 8 of 9
srolwes

Yea I turn it off along with no other checks and select ok but it can never get out of that screen.  It gives me an error that says at least one item must be selected.  Here is that error.

Untitled.png

Message 9 of 9
aedwards83

I just had this same issue.  I found that you must have at least one of the constraint settings options checked in the constraint bar display settings, however as long as the "Infer Geometric Constraints" box is unchecked AutoCAD will not operate with constraints.  

Even with constraints turned off some objects that have constraints asigned to them will autimatically trigger the constraint settings.  I eventually had to select all objects and delete the constraints in the drawing using the constraints deletion button shown in the previous response.  It is on the Parametric toolbar.  Once I removed all constraints I no longer had any issues and my constriants flag never showed up again. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report