Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line tags disappear when modifying parcel

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
yazzie91
987 Views, 5 Replies

Line tags disappear when modifying parcel

I have a pretty big parcel I created for an easement. I have a lot of line/curve tags and bearing and distance labels. I need to add to my parcel, so I trim the parcel and join it to a polyline. After I do that, all my tags get converted back to line/bearing labels. I have many sheets created with curve and line tables that get affected. Next time I think I will just label the polyline and not the parcel. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
yazzie91
in reply to: yazzie91

There has to be a fix for this, otherwise this is a serious flaw. Hopefully it's just a setting I'm overlooking. I am using C3d 2012.

Attached is before, the command, then the end result.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction, otherwise I am goint to be doind a lot of work over.

Tags (3)
Message 3 of 6
Jeff_M

Have you used the Editing tools rather than the Autocad Trim command? On the Edit Geometry panel, of the Modify Tab on the Ribbon are "Insert PI" & "Delete PI". Using these to edit the parcel, or polyline, geometry does not break existing label objects.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 6
yazzie91
in reply to: Jeff_M

That does seem to work, but the in the parcel editing tools, there are tools that allow you to trim, then join a polyline. I need to add a curve of a right of way and it would be much easier to just trim and join with those tools.

Message 5 of 6
Jeff_M

I'm sure it would be easier. The problem is, the labels are tied to the entity selected when labeled. Once that entity is trimmed, the labels have no way of reassociating themselves with a different entity. Ther'es no good way to do what you need to when curves are involved....wish there were though. It won't help for the current situation, but for the future make sure you use plain lines & arcs to define the parcels (I'm guessing that you draw polylines then convert them to parcels) by exploding the polylines. This will make all the parcel segments 1 separate entity per segment so trimming other entities out won't affect the remaining segments.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 6
yazzie91
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks, lesson learned.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report