Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Table Order

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
d_reno
714 Views, 3 Replies

Line Table Order

Short of picking the tags in the order that I want them to appear, is there a way to sort the table based on the tag number? I have a zillion tags and it is not very practical to pick them in order (if this even works). They are apparently sorting themselves by the order selected - I window the entire area when picking tags, and the result is seemingly random. Can I, perhaps, import a table into Excel?

thanks

dr

David Renaud, RLS
C3D 2012 on 64bit Win 7 all up to date
Dell Precision 7core 8GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
LDT/C3D user since release 12
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
d_reno
in reply to: d_reno

um ... I always forget this part - C3D 2011, Win 7 64 bit, everything up to date.

David Renaud, RLS
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
Message 3 of 4
d_reno

I found the 'sort data' switch in the table style dialog. I am still interested in taking the data into Excel to further manipulate it. anyone know how to do this?

David Renaud, RLS
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
Message 4 of 4
d_reno

Anyone know how I can get the data contained in a line table exported to something that I can manipulate in Excel or something?

I am faced with multiple explosions to get the table contents to multiple text objects, converting the text objects to mtext, copy/pasting into a word processor, checking to ensure the correct order of the text objects came through (the right bearing for the right line, same with distance, ad nauseum), creating a macro to add carriage returns to get the line data on single lines instead of a huge single line of text, importing to Excel after that, editing the line data (the tag labels that I need to replace with beg. point name and end point name), create multiple tables in Excel to appear on the appropriate sheets in my Transportation Project Plat, copying certain data lines to the multiple tables in Excel since some of the lines appear on more than one sheet, re-importing the data, table by table as required for sheets, back into C3D and I *really* don't want to do this.

David Renaud, RLS
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report