Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Table Based on Points - Advice?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
d_reno
266 Views, 1 Reply

Line Table Based on Points - Advice?

hey,

I have a map that I need to generate a line table. I have COGO points set at the ends of all the lines. I show the point by their names, and these are also listed with station/offset values from an alignment in the drawing. I need to show a table in the following format:

Line            Bearing    Distance

ptname#1 - ptname#2   <bear1-2>   <dist1-2>

I do not want to create lines in order to generate line labels (tag labels in LDT - I haven't used line labels a whole lot in C3D so am unsure if they still are called tags). The resulting table would require a whole lot of editing, and I would have to hide the tag labels in the plan view.

Any thoughts? I didn't see anything in the Toolspace Report generation tools. I could do this in Excel if I export the coordinates of the points, but that would be really messy computing the bearings to them display correctly. I am looking for the software to do the work for me.

Thoughts?

thanks!
dr 

C3D 2011

Win 7

David Renaud, RLS
C3D 2012 on 64bit Win 7 all up to date
Dell Precision 7core 8GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
LDT/C3D user since release 12
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
d_reno
in reply to: d_reno

I've already had to go the tag labels route since I am under severe time constraints. but I'd be interested in any custom ap that might do this. Ideally I think you could either enter the point numbers in at a prompt, or select them in order from the drawing.

thanks

david

drenaud-at-becherhoppe.com

David Renaud, RLS
C3D 2012 on 64bit Win 7 all up to date
Dell Precision 7core 8GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
LDT/C3D user since release 12

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report