Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiDAR point cloud showing values

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
autoMick
188 Views, 0 Replies

LiDAR point cloud showing values

Hi, I have a LiDAR dataset (LAS file) which loads OK and creates a respectable looking surface at first glance, with appropriate elevations, however:

1) the point cloud appears sparce even with the density slider right up on 100% and all classifications displayed. If I filter to ground strikes only, I'm getting point densities of say 1 per 50m2 on open/unvegeated ground. When I show the points by classification, the points appears to be OK (ground is where ground should be, veg is veg, etc.)

2) the maximum and minimum elevations reported in the properties for the point cloud are way, way too extreme. As I mentioned - the surface generated from the cloud is OK, but I can't help but think the extremities of the point cloud have something to do with my issues. I'm not sure why the surface elevation is OK if point cloud isn't. (The surface build is not set to exclude any elevations).

I'm using 2014 in this instance.

Any suggestions/ideas for investigation?

Thanks

- Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report