Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiDAR Classification

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kgrover
2208 Views, 8 Replies

LiDAR Classification

I have several LAS files that I have brought into AutoCAD and created PCG point cloud files. You have the option to assign Civil3D properties so I assign the LAS classification properties but they don't apply to the file.

The classification style seems to work with the ISD file extension in Civil3D, but do the LAS classifications not work for the PCG format?? I can only view the PCG file by single color or by elevation range, not by classification.

Kevin

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mnorton
in reply to: kgrover

Try contacting Travis Reinke at scanable.org

Mike Norton - The Civil Guy
Message 3 of 9
LisaPohlmeyer

If you'll go through the quick tutorial on Point Clouds, I think you'll find exactly what you're looking for.

Message 4 of 9
kgrover
in reply to: LisaPohlmeyer

I have seen the tutorials but does not answer my question I posted.

I can view point clouds by classification if I bring the LAS file into a .isd point cloud file. I can assign a Civil3D style to the point cloud and can view by color, classification or elevation range.

I can't view point clouds by classification if I bring the LAS file into a .pcg file extension and add Civil3D properties to it. Everything only views as a single color or elevation range. It does not view classification.

Is this just a bug in Civil3D right now that the classifications don't come accross in the .pcg database??

Message 5 of 9
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

ah, I misunderstood, sorry.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 6 of 9
sharshbarger

I'm having the same issue.  It works in 2012 just fine, but in 2013, it does NOT work.  When using Lidar data, unchecking all classifications except 2-ground, all point still show and they are gray in color.  I can't create a base ground surface with all points displayed.

I've opened a support request so we'll see what turns up out of that and I'll post my findings.

Message 7 of 9
sharshbarger
in reply to: sharshbarger

Update:

Straight from Autodesk Tech.

This issue you are reporting with the LiDAR Point Classification Style is a known issue with the 2013 product. I personally had logged this with Development a few weeks ago and it is currently under review with our Development Team.

Unfortunately there is not any known workaround for the time being, as attempting to import the same style from 2012 yields the same results. (BUT it works in 2012) I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

As I mentioned on the phone I have logged this with Development for further review and I have linked this case to it. Per our policy we will now go ahead and close this case, leaving it linked to Development’s issue.

Very frustrated with Autodesk.  Why bring out an updated product each year and not fix the pre-existing issues?!?!?  Every update brings more issues to deal with.  Just my opinion.

Message 8 of 9
jeremy.2012
in reply to: sharshbarger

Has anybody heard if Autodesk has offered any service pack or anything to fix this issue?

Message 9 of 9

Yep still wiating for FIX!???

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report