Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader attachment to pipe structure

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
SgtElPavo
1363 Views, 11 Replies

Leader attachment to pipe structure

I would like the arrowhead for the leader labaling my structure in a pipe network to attach to the outside edge of the structure.  Right now it attaches to the middle of the structure and is covered by the block representing my structure. 

What I have:What I have.GIFWhat I want:What I want.GIF

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
SgtElPavo
in reply to: SgtElPavo

Civil 3D 2009, by the way.

Message 3 of 12
n2itive

I'm having trouble reproducing your results whether I use a block or the outside of the structure as my symbol. In either case my arrow head from my leader always attaches to the edge of the structure.

My first suggestion would be to check your label style, under dragged state, and make sure your arrow head style is set to "closed filled". My thought is that its set to none or maybe such a small scale that you're not seeing it.

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Message 4 of 12
SgtElPavo
in reply to: n2itive

Thanks for the reply.  Here is a screen shot of the block displayed below other features so you can see the arrow head. 

Block below.JPG

Message 5 of 12
wfberry

Instead of having your block cover your structure, perhaps make your "block" the structure in your plan view.

Bill

Message 6 of 12
SgtElPavo
in reply to: wfberry

Bill, I think I did that already.  I right clicked on the structure that was already there, and then clicked edit structure styles where I got this dialogue box.  Then I built the block in the preview box and used it for my structure symbol.  Is this what you meant?

structure block.JPG

Message 7 of 12
n2itive

Ooh, I see you're telling the truth now! haha. Unfortunately, I only have 2011 & 2012 at my disposal and I've browsed through the label and structure settings but haven't noticed anything that would seem to change this. Maybe a 2009 thing... I don't recall having this issue though. What about checking the "enable part mask" in the bottom left corner?? Maybe this will force the arrow to the outside.

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Message 8 of 12
SgtElPavo
in reply to: n2itive

I'm pretty sure I've clicked every box, button and field that has anything to do with stations.  It's got to be a 2009 thing.  Thanks for taking the time to do some research anyhow.

Message 9 of 12
SgtElPavo

Dang, I really hoped someone would save me over the weekend.

Message 10 of 12
klugb

Can you post or send your file?
Bruce(dot) Klug (at) clark(dot)wa(dot)gov
Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 11 of 12
SgtElPavo
in reply to: klugb

I figured it out, sort of.  If I use "wipeout" in my block (which I did) it attaches the leader head to the center of the block.  If I don't use wipeout it does not.  ...Wierd.  However, my new delima is that I don't want my pipe to show in the empty part of my block, hence the wipeout.  I think its a scale issue.  I'll work on it.  To all who replied, thanks for your concearn. 

Message 12 of 12
kevinBURTD

I know i'm a few years late but if you open Toolspace, go to the Settings tab, expand Pipe→Pipe Rule Set, Edit what ever rule set you are using, go to the rules tab, add rule. Select proper category, drop the Rule name down and select "set pipe end location", select OK.  Change both start & end location to "Structure Outer Wall".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report