Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer controlling by Objects

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
118 Views, 3 Replies

Layer controlling by Objects

I wish layer controls worked better with the new objects and object labels. (i.e. layiso, layoff, matchprop, make objects layer current...). A majority of the time I control layers' on/off status in CAD drawing space (rather than layer manager). This functionality seems to be lost with the new C3d objects. Try turning a parcel area label off with layoff, the boundary turns off, and the label actually stays on? I have found other objects to be just as finicky and unpredictable. This is a huge time issue, to wade through the layer manager to find the correct layer to turn off, when in CAD drawing space it is usually a matter of two clicks without having to know the layer name. If there is any way to fix this, let me know. Thanks, Tyler Townes, P.E. c3d2005sp1
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Tyler: Here is what I did that seems to work. I was wanting to get my curve tags to turn off & on. You can wade through the setup one time and I placed the tag on layer "tag" (real hi-tech) with my standard color. Now I can turn these little rascals off and on conventionally after I either make a line or place some conventional text in an out of the way area on each defined new layer. Click on them in the usual way. Hope this makes sense. Bill "Tyler" wrote in message news:42014946$1_1@newsprd01... > I wish layer controls worked better with the new objects and object labels. > (i.e. layiso, layoff, matchprop, make objects layer current...). A majority > of the time I control layers' on/off status in CAD drawing space (rather > than layer manager). This functionality seems to be lost with the new C3d > objects. Try turning a parcel area label off with layoff, the boundary > turns off, and the label actually stays on? I have found other objects to > be just as finicky and unpredictable. This is a huge time issue, to wade > through the layer manager to find the correct layer to turn off, when in CAD > drawing space it is usually a matter of two clicks without having to know > the layer name. > > If there is any way to fix this, let me know. > > Thanks, > > Tyler Townes, P.E. > c3d2005sp1 > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Genious Bill. Thanks! Should be a good work-around, but will be take some time to set up each time with parcels, alignments, corridors, etc... Too bad it doesn't work like it should. Thanks again! Tyler Townes, P.E. "wfb" wrote in message news:42014d2d_3@newsprd01... > Tyler: > Here is what I did that seems to work. I was wanting to get my curve tags > to turn off & on. You can wade through the setup one time and I placed > the > tag on layer "tag" (real hi-tech) with my standard color. Now I can turn > these little rascals off and on conventionally after I either make a line > or > place some conventional text in an out of the way area on each defined new > layer. Click on them in the usual way. Hope this makes sense. > > Bill > > "Tyler" wrote in message > news:42014946$1_1@newsprd01... >> I wish layer controls worked better with the new objects and object > labels. >> (i.e. layiso, layoff, matchprop, make objects layer current...). A > majority >> of the time I control layers' on/off status in CAD drawing space (rather >> than layer manager). This functionality seems to be lost with the new >> C3d >> objects. Try turning a parcel area label off with layoff, the boundary >> turns off, and the label actually stays on? I have found other objects >> to >> be just as finicky and unpredictable. This is a huge time issue, to wade >> through the layer manager to find the correct layer to turn off, when in > CAD >> drawing space it is usually a matter of two clicks without having to know >> the layer name. >> >> If there is any way to fix this, let me know. >> >> Thanks, >> >> Tyler Townes, P.E. >> c3d2005sp1 >> >> > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

err..sp...Genius.. "Tyler" wrote in message news:42015d06$1_3@newsprd01... > Genious Bill. > > Thanks! Should be a good work-around, but will be take some time to set > up each time with parcels, alignments, corridors, etc... Too bad it > doesn't work like it should. > > Thanks again! > > Tyler Townes, P.E. > > "wfb" wrote in message > news:42014d2d_3@newsprd01... >> Tyler: >> Here is what I did that seems to work. I was wanting to get my curve >> tags >> to turn off & on. You can wade through the setup one time and I placed >> the >> tag on layer "tag" (real hi-tech) with my standard color. Now I can turn >> these little rascals off and on conventionally after I either make a line >> or >> place some conventional text in an out of the way area on each defined >> new >> layer. Click on them in the usual way. Hope this makes sense. >> >> Bill >> >> "Tyler" wrote in message >> news:42014946$1_1@newsprd01... >>> I wish layer controls worked better with the new objects and object >> labels. >>> (i.e. layiso, layoff, matchprop, make objects layer current...). A >> majority >>> of the time I control layers' on/off status in CAD drawing space (rather >>> than layer manager). This functionality seems to be lost with the new >>> C3d >>> objects. Try turning a parcel area label off with layoff, the boundary >>> turns off, and the label actually stays on? I have found other objects >>> to >>> be just as finicky and unpredictable. This is a huge time issue, to >>> wade >>> through the layer manager to find the correct layer to turn off, when in >> CAD >>> drawing space it is usually a matter of two clicks without having to >>> know >>> the layer name. >>> >>> If there is any way to fix this, let me know. >>> >>> Thanks, >>> >>> Tyler Townes, P.E. >>> c3d2005sp1 >>> >>> >> >> > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report