Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Translator or laytrans

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
chodd85
517 Views, 5 Replies

Layer Translator or laytrans

We are trying to devised a way to quickly control layers and linetypes due to the vast differences depending on the tech creatign the drawing... I set up a DWS file that has the layers and linetypes define; to that  end, using laytrans works fine but all converted linetypes are 10 times the size... I have messed with LTscale, drawing settings, units, celtscale, nothing works... Ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Sinc
in reply to: chodd85

More details...?

Starting with C3D 2008, the best setting is to have LTSCALE=1, PSLTSCALE=1, and MSLTSCALE=1.  That seems to make everything work just fine.

Sinc
Message 3 of 6
Sinc
in reply to: Sinc

Oh, and I'm not sure, but some of these settings might be viewport-dependent, so it's best to make sure they are all set correctly in the first place.  Then new viewports automatically use the settings from modelspace (I think... may be wrong).

We have them all set the way we want them in our DWT, and have no issues along these lines.

Sinc
Message 4 of 6
Sinc

Oh, another idea is that you may be accidentally overiding your linetype scales via your Properties...  You can set a linetype scale in your Properties window when you have nothing selected, and then everything you create from then on out will have a custom linetype scale.  Easiest way to check for this is to select nothing, then go to the Properties window, and check that Linetype scale is set to 1.00 (or 0.50, if you prefer that method, as opposed to redefining your default acad.lin or AeccLand.lin files).

(Disclaimer:  remember that if you redefine the .lin files, you have to reload them.  The linetype definitions are actually stored in your drawing, so you have to reload them if you edit the .lin files.)

Sinc
Message 5 of 6
chodd85
in reply to: Sinc

Sorry I forgot to add the basic info... I am using Civil 3d 2012. The linetypes are custom due to the affliation with the FDOT standards. Also, I confirmed in each drawing that the lt, mslt, and psltscale are all set to one. Also I should note, the translator worked properly when used on a file that we use a s template which has our line types. I am trying to concert a survey file that is using the basic ACAD linetypes which I think is the problem but I wasn't able to purge all the linetypes out. I also don;t quite know why this would matter since we are not using any default ACAD linetypes we are translating to new ones that we created.

Message 6 of 6
chodd85

BUMP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report