Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer States Manager not updating all plot styles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
smb558
589 Views, 2 Replies

Layer States Manager not updating all plot styles

We take our template file and save a layer state within the template and then export to our server.  We open up our new drawing and attempt to import the saved layer state from the location on our server.  While the layer state imports, it does not modify all of our layers accordingly (plot styles) - in fact it changes only half of the layer plot styles.  We are working with .stb files, not .ctb.  We did save down the NCS.stb and renamed it to adjust to our company standards.  

Has anyone experienced this issue?  We would rather not have 10 layer states in our template and make our users pick one.  We would rather have all layer states in a folder on our server and be able to import accordingly - yet we cannot get it to update our plot styles for ALL layers.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
smb558
in reply to: smb558

After more testing, when importing it through the drawing file it will update the plot styles correctly. But if I import through a .las file, it changes everything to 'Normal" which is not what is set in my .las file.  I am at a complete loss as to why it works one way and not the other.

Message 3 of 3
Hammer.john.j
in reply to: smb558

It's still a problem in 2012... in case anybody was wondering.

John Hammer, LA/CADD Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report