Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
donchitty
249 Views, 4 Replies

Layer Problems

When I'm in paper space and set the layer manager to save lets say sheet 1 and then switch to model space and work. then when I go back to paper space the layers changed. I restore the saved layer state and it doesn't come back to what I saved it as.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.mckenzie
in reply to: donchitty

layer states can be controlled for the model view or the viewport view (and for each individual viewport)

When you save the layer state, make sure you are in paperspace and your drawing looks the way you want it.

When you restore the layer state, make sure you are in paper space when you start the layer state restore.

And if you have multiple tabs with various layer states, make sure you are on the right tab both when you save the state and when you restore it.

This should work. Visretain set to 1 causes issues upon open, not sure if it causes issues on layer state restore or not.

Generally I keep visretain set to 1 and forget about why.

Message 3 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: john.mckenzie

@john.mckenzie wrote:

Generally I keep visretain set to 1 and forget about why.

When set to 1 layer property changes to drawing will be retained.

This way the layer property controls stay as desired for production and don't get lost with each time the dwg is saved & re-opened.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 5
john.mckenzie
in reply to: Jay_B

my comment was stated as such because I cannot remember if visretain is going to affect the issue the OP describes or not. I was just throwing it out there.

I understand how it works relative to maintaining layerstates upon open/close.

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: donchitty

Do you have all of the options visable for the Layer States? If not hit the little arrow button on the lower right of the dialog (untitled1.png) to see them (untitled22.png). Are the options set as you desire?

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report