Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landfill Cell Query

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
neilyj666
474 Views, 6 Replies

Landfill Cell Query

What's the best way to model the attached Landfill Clay liner - it has to be 1m min above formation level. A simple raise of the surface by 1m will be ok for the base but the side slope thickness will be incorrect.

I have thought about splitting the surface into base and slopes and raising each by the appropriate amount and pasting them back together.

Any other suggestions??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AllenJessup
in reply to: neilyj666

There isn't an easy way to do this. There was a discussion about this a couple of months ago, but I can't find it. There were some creative ideas. I started to write a lisp to do this way back in LDT, but there were some problems I never overcame. I don't do this myself so I couldn't invest much time in it.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
AllenJessup

OK. Found the thread [Here]. But I think you've already seen it.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks for this - I knew I'd seen it somewhere...Smiley Happy

I followed the links and tried the Action Recoder Macro method that was posted and got the attached results which are probably close enough for the purpose.

One query which you may know the answer to : I copied the action macro to the support path but it also needs a LSP to complete the action. The LSP was included in the post but I don't know how to activiate it or where to put it so that it runs.

Any advice on this would be appreciated

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
jmayo-EE

Never done this but to try to keep things a bit dynamic I might try two sites, two corridors and build two surfaces from the resulting feature lines??

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
wfberry

Neil:

As far as the lsp is concerned:

Type APPLOAD

I would just drag the lisp file into the above open area of the dialog and then select that file and LOAD.

Bill

Message 7 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: wfberry

thanks Bill - presume the LSP needs to be APPLOADed in the usual way before running the macro? I did this and the lisp crashed

The attached are the messages I was getting and where the lisp is in the macro.

The screenshot posted earlier was the result of my first attempt without the lisp so not sure if it is essential anyway?

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report