Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LandXML Import From SewerGEMS Program - Attributes Not Importing

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
1690 Views, 0 Replies

LandXML Import From SewerGEMS Program - Attributes Not Importing

Right now I am using SewerGEMS to design and model a sanitary sewer interceptor network.  I want to export the model information to LandXML and import that data into AutoCAD, in order to create plans, profiles, maps, etc from this data. I was able to export from SewerGEMS to LandXML format. Then I am importing the XML file into Civil3D. I have run into some problems trying to import this file. I go through the regular Import Land XML dialogue in CAD and not all pipe sizes and pipe materials are being brought in correctly. I believe that when the file is being imported, CAD may not recognize these data fields and is in return assigning a default value. I have verified, as with another Bentley service technician, that the pipe materials are shown in the XML file (ie. PVC, Ductile Iron, Cast Iron, VCP) but they are not coming into CAD when the XML file is imported.

It appears that all of the manhole inverts, pipe inverts, and most pipe sizes are being brought in accurately from the XML file. When I import the XML file, it defaults all the materials to PVC. Is there a setting on the import options or CAD options which will allow me bring in these materials, rather than assisgning a default value?

The “material” description in pipe properties is blank and it appears that it used PVC as a default. I am using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 but I have also tried creating the file with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 and it does the same thing.

Any insight on this issue?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report