Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land XML not importing/exporting profile data

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
305 Views, 4 Replies

Land XML not importing/exporting profile data

I'm trying to export alignments and profiles from Civil 3D 2006 to Land 2006 through land XML, the alignments transfer fine, but the profiles seem to get lost. The profile check boxes are checked when I export, and the "include profiles" box is checked when importing.
(I have all the latest service packs and updates installed)

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Bob
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tscheevel
in reply to: Anonymous

The problem is that LDD is not recognizing the name of your C3D profiles. It appears that LDD has zero flexibility in the naming convention for profiles. If you look at the xml file you'll probably see the profiles in there. You can solve the problem by editing the profile names in the xml file. I did it by exporting an alignment and profile from LDD, looking at the xml file, then editing the profile names in the xml that was exported from C3D. If you don't have at least a cursory knowledge of the xml data structure, it would probably be less time consuming to go into C3D, rename your profiles, and export again. Just make sure you are faithful to the LDD profile naming convention.
Message 3 of 5
JoshNelson

I am not sure if it treats it differently, but have you tried using the "Extract Civil 3D Data" on the projects menu in Land Desktop? This bypasses the XML method and maybe it will fix the naming issue. If not, this should be added to the Civil 3D wishlist.

Josh
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Do not to forget to look at your .xml file size. This is a good indication
if it has read anything. Sometimes I get 1+ KB s. This is not good.

Bill
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Sadly, The extract data feature didn't exactly work either. I was able get the finished grade profile without renaming, but it lost the existing grade. This also happened when I just renamed the profiles to LDDT friendly names and used xml.

In the end I gave up and just resampled the EG surface in LDDT and moved on with my life. Kind of a hassle, hopefully this will work better in the next release.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report