Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land XML Reporting _ Parcel Legal Description

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
rl_jackson
2148 Views, 13 Replies

Land XML Reporting _ Parcel Legal Description

Does anyone know where I would change the Bearing and Distance for the xml report so the calls have no space between the direction and the bearing.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Jeff_M
in reply to: rl_jackson

Looks like it is in the General_Formatting_JScript.xsl file:

function formatBearingDMS(angle)
{
	// decimal degrees are E=0, N=90, W=180, S=270 (counter-clockwise)
	var angNum;

if(angle >= 0 && angle <= 90)
	{
		angNum = 90. - angle;
		var bearing = formatAngleToDMS(angNum);
		return "N " + bearing + " E";
	}
	else if(angle > 90 && angle <= 180)
	{
		angNum = angle - 90.;
		return "N " + bearing + " W";
	}
	else if(angle > 180 && angle < 270)
	{
		angNum = 270. - angle;
		return "S " + bearing + " W";
	}
	else
	{
		angNum = angle - 270.;
		return "S " + bearing + " E";
	}	
}

Remove the spaces from all of the Direction strings.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 14
rl_jackson
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 14
rl_jackson

Now to figure out why Win7 wont allow me to change the file since Im logged in as adminstrator

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
Jeff_M

Not sure why you can't edit/save it, I have no problem doing so. One thing that works for me when I run into this, is to copy the file to MyDocuments, edit, save, copy back to where it started.

EESignature
Message 6 of 14
rl_jackson

Jeff,

Would you know where I might find the formatting for the General Parcel Legal so the when the legal is run it doesn't but North 89degrees 54minutes 36seconds East.

What I'm looking for is to but space between the word degrees / minutes / seconds for the respective number.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 7 of 14
Jeff_M

I don't see anything in the formatting that spells out the degrees/minutes/seconds. Is that something you added? It looks like the default would be 89-54-36 for the angles
EESignature
Message 8 of 14
rl_jackson

Im using the Parcel - General Legal Description, I set the B&D to use the Degrees Minutes Seconds in the Report Settings, but I get this for the output

Notice how it smashes the d m s next to the number.

From the POINT OF BEGINNING; Thence, South 29degrees 17minutes 01seconds East for a distance of 6390.25 feet to a point on a line.

Thence, South 62degrees 40minutes 20seconds West for a distance of 521.36 feet to a point on a line.

Thence, South 59degrees 37minutes 27seconds West for a distance of 6155.18 feet to a point on a line.

Thence, South 60degrees 23minutes 21seconds West for a distance of 5029.98 feet to a point on a line.

Thence, North 29degrees 33minutes 39seconds West for a distance of 5294.96 feet to a point on a line.

Thence, North 60degrees 34minutes 38seconds East for a distance of 5287.29 feet to a point on a line.

Thence, North 29degrees 46minutes 15seconds West for a distance of 1179.98 feet to a point on a line.

thence North 60degrees 26minutes 33seconds East a distance of 6453.48 feet to the POINT OF BEGINNING;

Containing 69188070 square feet

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 9 of 14
Jeff_M

OK, found it. I'm not familiar enough withopening XSL files in XMLNotepad to know why I cannot edit this in it, yet opeing in in basic Notepad allows it to be changed and correctly work....

These values are stored in the LegalDescriptions_Layout.xsl file:

function SetDirectionFormat(format)
{
dirFormat = format;
if(format == "Use °, ’, \”")
{
SetDirDegreeLabel("°");
SetDirMinuteLabel("'");
SetDirSecondLabel("\"");
}
else
{
SetDirDegreeLabel(" degrees");
SetDirMinuteLabel(" minutes");
SetDirSecondLabel(" seconds");
}
return format;
}

Note that I added a space to the beginning of each string and this is the output:

Thence, South 39 degrees 37 minutes 11.9 seconds West for a distance of 138.2405 feet to a point on a line.

Thence, North 90 degrees 00 minutes 00.0 seconds West for a distance of 18.4658 feet to a point on a line. 

EESignature
Message 10 of 14
rl_jackson

Where was this file located, I could only find it in the install directory at hte root c:. And then it had spaces already there, I did add an additional space without much luck

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 11 of 14
Jeff_M

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 201x\enu\Data\Reports\xsl\LegalDescription_Layout.xsl

It's there for 2011-2014 on my computer.

EESignature
Message 12 of 14
rl_jackson

Jeff,

Thanks for the help, I ended up having to go into the report settings and reselecting the file General Parcel Legal xsl file, in report settings to get it to work, but did at last. Very strange, it seemed as though it was pointing to the correct file, just didn't have all the path information. have the %%DIR....... But once I browed to the correct file all was good.

I was also have the issue with the generally parsing, so the lines in the legal didn't change either, which lead me to that conclusions.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 13 of 14
tzerr

Jeff, would you happen to know how to remove the spaces inbetween the deg. min. sec. in the Legal Description_Layout.xsl?

The current end product is 0° 14' 15"

I desperatly need 0°14'15"

The General_Legal_Description_for_Parcels report writer uses the "Legal Description_Layout.xsl.  Does the General_Legal_Description_for_Parcels report writer get its deg. min. sec. from some where else?

I have successfully changed the General_Formating_JScript.xsl which the Metes_and_Bounds report writer uses and the end product is correct but I need to use the General_Legal_Description_for_Parcels report writer because it will use a phrasing file that is more correct.

Message 14 of 14
joe.petrucci6ENDL

Where is the XSL file on the computer? I can't find them

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report