Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land Desktop Files Crash When Opened in Civil 3D

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
markj
490 Views, 8 Replies

Land Desktop Files Crash When Opened in Civil 3D

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?  When I try to open a LDD file with C3D, the file locks up and won't open.  It appears to happen only when the LDD file has an alignment defined.  Is anyone else having this issue?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jeff_M
in reply to: markj

Please include which version of C3D you are using, along with which, if any, Service Packs or hotfixes have been installed.

I have opened LDT drawings in C3D 2010-2013 without any issues that I can recall. 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 9
markj
in reply to: Jeff_M

I have had the problem with both Civil 3D 2011 and now with Civil 3D 2014.  I have Civil 3D 2014 Hotfix 1 installed.

The only time I have issues is when the LDD drawing file contains links to alignment data.

Message 4 of 9
mathewkol

Try this:

Open Land Desktop (if you still have it installed and use the RECOVER command to open the drawing you're having trouble with.

Then open C3D and attempt to open that file.

Or open C3D and just run the RECOVER command on the bad file.

Or INSERT the bad file into your C3D drawing.

Or type NEW in C3D and select the bad drawing as the template (you'll have to change the file it's looking for from DWT to DWG.

Or just copy and paste everything from the LDT drawing into the C3D file (assuming you can find some software to open it with).

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 9
Jeff_M

I just tested in 2014 and have no problem opening a LDT drawing which contains 3 alignments, 2 surfaces, a number of pipe runs and quite a few parcels.

Are you able to share one of these drawings for us to test for you?

EESignature
Message 6 of 9
markj
in reply to: mathewkol

I no longer have LDT loaded on any machines in my office but I have tried all of your other suggestions.

Thank you for the suggestions though.

Message 7 of 9
markj
in reply to: Jeff_M

The files I have issues with are too large to post.  Could it have something to do with AEC objects?

Message 8 of 9
Jeff_M

AEC objects shouldn't bother it. If you'd like to email me a dwg I will take a look at it

jeffm AT quuxsoft DOT com

EESignature
Message 9 of 9
Jeff_M

Well that drawing brought my laptop to a halt! After a reboot I started a new drawing and used Map to Query in all drawing objects and it now opens correctly. 

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report