AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
sgarmong
Message 1 of 4 (105 Views)

Lag working with points

105 Views, 3 Replies
02-04-2014 07:55 AM

I am experiencing a noticable lag (probably 30 seconds) when I go to Point Group properties (to change the display order of the point groups) and in the properties of individual point groups (to change point or label styles). I started noticing the problem around the time I installed a trial version of AutoDesk Vehicle Tracking. Anyone else having similar problems or possible fixes?

Valued Mentor
stacy.dunn
Message 2 of 4 (84 Views)

Re: Lag working with points

02-04-2014 10:27 AM in reply to: sgarmong

What version are you using? 

If you are running 2011 with Raster Design, there is a bug with rollover tooltips and points.  Type ROLLOVERTIPS and set it to 0 and the delay should stop.

Stacy Dunn
Contributor
sgarmong
Message 3 of 4 (78 Views)

02-04-2014 10:35 AM in reply to: sgarmong

I'm running Civil 3D 2014.

Checked the ROLLOVERTIPS but it was already set to 0.

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
LeafRiders
Message 4 of 4 (41 Views)

03-20-2014 08:26 AM in reply to: sgarmong

Check your hardware acceleration and try tuning your settings. Also you may want to try and borrow your license if you're on a network license and see if that helps. I've heard of some network licensing lag issues and things have improved with a "Borrowed license".

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs