Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labelling grades of a profile at a specific Station

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
639 Views, 7 Replies

Labelling grades of a profile at a specific Station

Does any one know how to label Profile Grades at a certain station other than high points, low points, pvis...etc?

I need to label an offset station with profile grades and cant seem to figure it out.  Any help would be great.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Neilw_05
in reply to: Anonymous

I haven't tried it but I think you can modify the default Profile View Station/Offset label to show the instantaneous grade.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I'm a little confused... where are you wanting your label to appear?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I have created a profile line showing proposed road grades etc on an existing Profile,  and I have labels shown in my plan view with CL of Road, and Edge of Pavements.  But these Are at Grade Breaks (kinks) in my profile line only.  What I was wondering was if there was a way to add more labels at intermittent areas along my Profile in my plan view. 

for example, I have a grade change at say station 1+000, but I need to show grades at a Catchbasin at say Station 1+050, Which is at a station that is not at a grade change/grade break.

I hope this clears up any confusion......CAD does that to me all the time.  I think I have things figured out and then something new comes up.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I have figured out a work around, by inserting new PVI's into my Profile and creating a Break and not changing any of the elevations or slopes.  It lets me add the grades where I want, But if anyone has a better solution than this let me know.

I appreciate everyones comments and input.  There is never only one way to do things in CAD.

Message 6 of 8
Neilw_05

Create a Reference component in your label style and reference a profile. For the contents use Instantaneous grade.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Neilw_05

Is that only for the profile view? or can i apply it to my alignment (plan) view?

Message 8 of 8
Neilw_05

You can create a profile Reference component in any plan view alignment label style. Once you create the component, all the profile attributes become available in the label contents editor.

After you place the label you will have to assign to it the desired reference profile in it's properties dialogue.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report