Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labeling Northing & Easting in Civil 3D

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Jack Burwick
3327 Views, 4 Replies

Labeling Northing & Easting in Civil 3D

I can't seem to find the northing & easting label command to lable points in Civil 3D. Please help.

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rs101
in reply to: Jack Burwick

short answer: there isn't one. (that was a nice feature of LDD)

since C3D is 'style-based' you have to:
1. create a point label style that will display the N/E.
2. create points manually using that point style. Message was edited by: rs101
Message 3 of 5
JoshNelson

Also if you have an alignment anywhere in the drawing you can create an alignment label that normally most would use to label a station and offset, but edit the style to show just the northing and easting and no station and offset info. However, I imagine that if you delete the alignment your label would disappear, but I haven't test that theory.

Josh Nelson
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Josh,
Can you give me a simple step by step on that. I'm an AutoCAD expert but I'm relatively new to C3D. I need station, NE and some text such as fire hydrant fixtures. I can figure out the most of it if you could point me in the right direction. (the path to take to the creation of alignment labels)
thanks,
Ray
Message 5 of 5
JoshNelson

You will want to go into the settings tab in your toolspace. Go to Alignment-Label Styles-Station Offset. Copy one of the styles that are there (maybe Station Offset Data). I renamed mine to "Northing and Easting Only". You will then need to edit this new style to include whatever components you want. See the attached image for how I did mine. You will need to go to the Layout tab and then edit the "contents" under the text item. Once in there you have a drop down list of all the items that you can include in your label. Choose the item you want and the settings you want and make sure you hit the blue arrow to push the setting into the black box on the right hand side. You can delete things in the box that you don't want. I am not describing each and every step, but you should be able to figure it out with a bit of experimenting.

Then when you go to Alignments-Add Labels use your newly created style.

Josh Nelson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report